Welcome to Riomo Books! I’m Tate.
Come sit down on the reading rug
… if your virtual knees will allow …
and together let’s help kids love learning to read.
It’s amazing and hard and rewarding and … and … and … being a parent or teacher of little ones!
When you think of everything those crucial roles entail, what do you think of?
One day, as I thought about everything that’s wrapped up in being a parent/teacher, this is what came to mind:
No Limit, Just Sky
by Tate Johnston
We Are Parents and Carers and Toddler Teachers
Handers of Crayons to Just-Out-Of-Reachers
Lovers of Reading, Leaders of Learning
Do-What-It-Takers To Keep Their Worlds Turning
Just Need A Breakers, Instructors of Manners
Birthday Cake Makers and Hangers of Banners
Stand Up And Cheerers, Dirty Hands Getters
Kissers of Boo-Boos, We Make-It-All-Betters
Washers of Grass Stains, Wipers of Tears
Gazers at First Stars, Dispellers of Fears
Rollers On Floors Exhausted With Laughters
Tellers of Stories With Happily Ever Afters
Seasoned Swell Surfers of Waves of Emotions
Explorers of Outer Space, Zoos, Jungles, Oceans
Come Sit Among Us, Our Hearts in our Throats
Laps at the Ready, We Bridgers of Moats
Besiegers of Castles, Trainers of Tykes
From How To Slay Dragons to Riding of Bikes
Parent or Teacher, You’re Not Faint of Heart
A Curator-Sculptor of Live Works of Art
At Hearts and Sleeves Tugging
And When Our Bell Tolls
Hand Shakes, High-Fives, and Hugging
A Fire in Your Belly, A Gleam in Your Eye
A Dream for their Future
No Limit, Just Sky Copyright © 2014 Tate Johnston All rights reserved.
Love Learning To Read.
SKILLS. CONFIDENCE. ENJOYMENT.
I suggest we start by chatting about some powerful paradigms that have shaped how I think about teaching my kids. They’re in these three posts. Just click on the one that sounds most interesting to you.
- Keep Reading
Trying to Climb Up the Down Escalator In their excellent book, Switch: How to Change When Change is Hard...
View Short Vowel Shorts in the iBookstore!
- Every single time I open my iPad my kids ask to read this book. They laugh when they read it. What I like about it as a parent is that it is the first book my three year old attempts to read all by himself. Would definitely recommend to those parents as a first reader or to teach long versus short vowel sounds.~ bowserinlondon
- This is a must-have for beginning readers. With a real, entertaining story line, it uses just the specific short vowel in the title, while inviting the reader to make inferences, broaden the story and ask for more to read!~ Igottoomuch
Is your child ready to read? If they know all their letter sounds, then they can decode and read these very short books for children. Each eBook in this series utilizes only one short vowel at a time.
These very short books help children gain confidence that they can “Read It On My Own.” That’s where the RIOMO legacy lives!
Check them out with your young reader today!
Recent Blog Posts
- By Tate Johnston on March 5, 2014
God, our Daddy, God Most High You’re amazing in our eyes! Be the King, here as above Let everything...
- By Tate Johnston on February 19, 2014
This past year, I wrote 5 little books for my 4 year old son. If no other child in...
- By Tate Johnston on February 12, 2014
or maybe even June. If you’ve been watching the news lately, you know there has been a lot of...
- By Tate Johnston on February 5, 2014
Skylanders and Moshis aren’t complete nonsense though. In fact, I’ve found that the attention span for my kids looking...